<< Latest

Sunday, March 20, 2005

My little Wonder



-:- My little Wonder -:-


Here is one of my first shots with 20D. It has been reduced in size. What's unique about this shot is the conditions in which it was taken. I captured this when my baby daughter was playing in the bed, early in the morning on a cloudy day, in available light through the window! The only way this was possible is because I dialed up the ISO sensitivity to 1600 ! Even at 1600 ISO the images that come out are very useable with relatively low noise. I'd never be able to get this shot with my G5. Full exposure info is as below.

Aperture : F 5.6
Shutter : 1/30 sec
Focal Length : 35 mm (I was using the kit lense from my old film SLR Canon Rebel G)
ISO : 1600

Note: The original image has some noise in it, but I left it in it and sharpend with Picasa 2. For Black and White or Sepia images, when you sharpen with the noise, it starts looking like film or paper grain which I think looks good. I'd never do that to color images.

Labels: , ,