<< Latest

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Taj Mahal in evening lights!

Taj Mahal in evening lights !
(c) All Rights Reserved

We did sight seeing in northern India for about 10 days. And of course the first attraction was Taj Mahal! I visited this beautiful monument after about 22 years... i.e. first time in my adult life. It was a memorable experience to see and apprecitae this beautiful work of art and engineering.

We also visited Fatehpur-Sikri, New Delhi, Gokul, Mathura, Vrindavan, Haridwar, Hrishikesh and Panna (MP).

Through out the tour, I carried 3 lenses with me.
  • 18-55mm F3.5/5.6 : the kit lense
  • 50mm F1.8 : the prime
  • 17-40mm F4.0L : my proude new purchase for this trip

So what did I really use the most?

17-40mm F4.0L ... exclusively.

Why ? Mostly because ...

  • it was the best quality of lens I had with me
  • and because I did not want to even attempt to change lens while I am lugging my camera bag on shoulder, a heavy camera and a heavy lens in one hand and carrying my one year old daugher in the other hand :-) ! Camera, The L lense, My daughter... can't drop any of them, can I ? :-)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your photos of the Taj. What if anything did you do to get the sky so deep a blue? Filters..

3/10/2007 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger steve said...

The effort was really worth it. The picture that you have taken is simply stunning.

Taj Mahal attains various hues at different hours of the day and this evening-shot is just nice.

In India , the Taj Mahal is one thing that can never fail to fascinate travellers and this is amazing to notice that even today the chimerical monument captures as much charm as it did earlier.

10/04/2007 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Latest