<< Latest

Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh! The Joys of Childhood!

It was a fun weekend. My daughter loves her new bubble maker - "Infinite Bubbles". So on Sunday evening, we went to the near-by play area.



I wanted to shoot colorful shots of all the reflections. I had my 50mm F1.8 prime attached to the camera as I knew I was not going to shoot wide angle. I wanted to use narrow depth of field to make the bubbles stand out. But pretty soon I realized that it was too difficult to take any good pics of shiny bubbles in it with the windy weather.

It was very sunny and taking pictures of my daugher was also difficult due to high dynamic range. As evening sattled and shadows grew longer, I started getting better shots. Out of 50+ shots that I tried, this one is my favorite.

Focal Length: 50mm
ISO : 100
Aperture: F2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/500s
Mode: Black and White (with red filter)
Editing: Sharpen and Glow with Picasa (Free from Google), Noise reducation with Neat Image (Free Demo)

And, I could see parallels between both of our toys. She was making lots of bubbles effortlessly and enjoying running behind them. And I was taking lots of pictures, trying different settings, checking thr results and trying something new.. almost a child's play compared to what photography enthusiasts had to go through a generation before.

I wonder what her first dSLR would be like !

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there

I've just bought a dSLR and I'm enjoying learning about it all and your site has been very useful.

The pic in the above article is just fantastic, well done!

8/28/2007 11:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a great read. Waiting for your posts.

3/30/2008 06:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are really great shots. if you want to see the latest product reviews, please do visit our search engine, opthink.com

and do leave us feedback.

thanks!

12/05/2008 12:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the picture of the baby is really nice! amazing capture... very innocent looking... again great shot.

keep on posting great pictures. :)


mc

3/16/2009 05:50:00 AM  
Blogger workhard said...

The picture came out real nice



How to make a website

10/10/2009 10:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Traveller Photo said...

Nice shoot. I like it

11/10/2009 03:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Latest